Are you looking for a career that supports and encourages you to grow both personally and professionally? Are you looking for work-life balance, a competitive compensation package and an entrepreneurial environment? Do you want to work in industries and with clients that are challenging and rewarding?
Innov8 CPAs, located in Bellingham, WA provides business consulting and tax services to clients in the US, Canada, and internationally. We are seeking an accounting para-professional for part-time, full-time, or seasonal employment. Position will focus on income tax preparation for non-US resident individuals and domestic corporations. Experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right person.
At Innov8 CPAs, you will work directly with clients and the business owners you serve. We will provide hands on and web-based training to become a tax preparer for international clients. You will be part of a firm that constantly strives to improve employee satisfaction, work flow process, client service, and be able to provide direct input that can be instantly implemented toward these goals.
We offer a competitive benefit package including flexible schedules based on performance, generous paid time off, medical insurance for eligible employees, and 401K matching to qualified individuals.
- Prepare U.S. federal and state individual and business income tax returns; primarily for nonresident individuals and domestic corporations
- Annually set up beginning trial balances for business clients in proprietary software and update tax groupings
- Help businesses new to the U.S. register with federal and state tax agencies and explain their US tax obligations.
- Respond to clients’ occasional QuickBooks questions, bookkeeping, and adjusting journal entries
- Prepare tax notice responses to the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Assist clients with other returns such as excise, property, and payroll
- Communicate directly and through partners with both domestic and cross-border clients
- Strengthen client relationships
- Impeccable attention to detail
- AA in accounting or similar experience
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Embrace technology and remote work environments
- Willingness to work with domestic and international clients
- Self-motivated and can meet deadline and productivity goals
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and see them through to completion
- A passion for learning and problem solving
- Outstanding personal and communication skills
- Team player with a collaborative attitude
Please submit a resume and cover letter to apply.